S.A.L.F. S.p.A. considers it essential for the strategic development of the company to establish and maintain an environmental management system in compliance with UNI EN ISO 14001:2004 (certification obtained in 2013) and certified by a third party and a safety management system organized according to OHSAS 18001:2007.
S.A.L.F. Management promotes, develops and supports:
• the involvement of all staff in the promotion and dissemination of the corporate culture aimed at protecting the environment and health.
• dissemination of training and constant updating aimed at the professional improvement and the activity management, not only as regards quality, but also as regards risk prevention and health protection, as well as the containment of the environmental impact of the activities and pollution prevention.
To achieve the above mentioned targets, the company management is committed to:
• plan improvement strategies, differentiated for the two systems, identifying the following priorities. As regards environment, the waste management (to get the containment of waste production and to encourage the maximum recovery) and the study of energy consumption (in order to identify possible areas for improvement). As regards safety, the implementation of the management system of chemicals and data accessibility.
• comply with the applicable standards concerning environmental protection and safety in the workplace and with any agreements made with third parties;
• establish an organizational structure aimed at implementing what expressed;
• provide the necessary human and material resources;
• constantly monitor the implementation of what expressed in the Manual for Environment and Safety and the procedures for the management of the two systems;
• periodically verify the compliance of EMS and SMS with the corporate policy and make all the organizational and technical changes necessary to pursuit this target.